Sunday, August 21, 2011

'twas the night before kindergarten


At kinder camp on Thursday I read a story "The Kissing Hand" with my new precious class. If you aren't familiar with this story it's about a little raccoon who is starting school for the first time. He's nervous and sad to be leaving his mom. I love this story and alway get a little teary eyed while reading it. (Mostly because I know the first day of kindergarten is way harder on the parents than their kids)

As nervous as some of my new Kinders are, I guarantee I am more nervous. A first impression is worth everything, I want my kids (class of 2024 by the way!) to gain a love of learning this year that will never leave them.

My promise to you, my parents, is to give it my all to make your child's first real experience with school a positive one.

I am SO excited to start a new year tomorrow! Silly songs, fun stories, hands on games/activities/projects...bring it on!

Tomorrow, tomorrow, it's only a day away! Can't wait!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment