Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Peace, Love, Kindergarten

There are a million and one things happening in our class right now! It is so exciting! I decided to split up some of the posts, primarily because I only have pictures at the moment for a few different things we're working on... (who wants to read a picture-less blog??)



First of all, I am in.serious.love. with this activity we did to round off our discussion on rules. I'm a little bit of an out of the box thinker when it comes to basically everything. Thankfully, my kiddos seem to be understanding my never quite direct approach to topics!! When I hear "rules" I immediately think of "peace" (out of the box I tell ya) So instead of preaching rules over and over we discussed, shared, and read stories about peace, peacefulness, what peace means to us, and how we can spread peace.

Here's a precious list we came up with on what peace is to us...
I wrote the "watching football in the fall" one...counting down the days for Texas Tech's first game this weekend! (Parent's don't worry I will won't try to brainwash your child into becoming a huge Red Raider fan!)

When the hand picture was complete, someone asked why their names weren't on it and another students said "It doesn't matter, we're all the same" ...BINGO! Mission accomplished! (Have I mentioned how much I love this job??)

Have a *PEACEFUL* evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment