Friday, September 2, 2011

TEN days (seriously!?)

I can not believe we have already been in school for TEN days! This week flew by!

I was extremely impressed with how my class got right back into our routine we practiced last week. (They may have it down better than I do!)

We have been working on building our stamina for working independently. We are up to about 20 minutes of working with about a minute of meeting to discuss our 'successes' and 'fixes' while we work. Last week we started out at about 3 minutes so to be up to 20 is a major success in my book! So proud of everyone's hard work.

We are definitely rocking and rolling right along with our word work, writing, and reading...I, however, am seriously lacking in the picture department of these things (mornings are busy!!)

Here's a little proof that we do infact work on these things! (along with our other "Big Ideas" this week and next)

Yesterday we learned a little about colors in science. Most of us didn't realize you could make ANY color imaginable with just a little red, blue, and yellow paint (plus black and white to make different shades and tints).

They worked in groups to mix different colors....

Then I gave them free reign and they created masterpieces like this....

All that beauty (ha!) with just 3 little colors! WOW!

Today I took full advantage of the not 108 degree temps outside. I LOVE being outdoors, so I jump on any chance to get our learning on outside the classroom (plus, I think a change of scene is good for the mind AND soul! Good for mine anyway.)


We had a blast creating and labeling patterns. Funny how a simple thing like chalk on the sidewalk can trick kids into thinking they're not doing work! ha


I don't know about you but I am so thankful for a long weekend! Enjoy your Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment