Tuesday, October 25, 2011

B-A-T-S and birds

I wanted to get this post out last week but big shocker....I'm behind. I'm so sorry.

So here it is...last week we learned a little about bats and birds.

We started out making a chart of things we know and things we wanted to learn about bats.


We learned a catchy little song that you'll have to ask them to sing for you.  It goes like this:
B-b-b-bats, the only mammals that can take to flight.
B-b-b-bats, nocturnal creatures that come out at night.
It's time to end all your fears and get to know your new friend the bat! 

We read "Stellaluna" (one of my favorite books) and used pictures to retell the sweet story.


We read "Owl Babies" and retold it using words.


Then we made our own owl babies (SO cute!) and then wrote the beginning middle and end of the story on our own.


We also compared bats and birds...

Seems like my creativity was lacking some last week...guess bats and birds don't inspire me quite like pumpkins do!

This week we'll be learning a little about spiders and doing some silly Halloween-esque activties.  We are also excited about our "Pumpkin Party" on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment