Monday, October 31, 2011

Skeletons!

Usually I email myself the pictures I take in class and then put them in publisher to flip them the right way, then well, I won't bore you but it's a timely process so I'm going to attempt a post from my phone...

We read this super cute book...


The kids loved it but by the time we were done I was feeling quite light headed. The skeleton hiccups no less than a billion times in this story...have you tried hiccuping just for fun? It take all the breath out of you! Ha

Anyway....Next I pulled out Mr. Bones. We discussed how our body moves and bends and how our bones are our skeleton. We took turns moving Mr. Bones and copying his movement...








I let them create a movement for me to do which just happened to be some crazy herky (a type of jump that I haven't done since my cheerleader days) let me tell you it wasn't pretty....mid jump Ms. Tarantino walked in and caught me falling straight on my rear! There's a reason I'm a teacher and not a Texan's cheerleader! We all got a good laugh and moved on to this fun little project...

I can't take credit for his cuteness...I stole this idea from google image. My mom is an art teacher (and a really really amazing one at that) she had tried doing this project with her 2nd graders and said it was a mess! So going into it I wasn't sure how it would go but wouldn't you know....they did amazingly!!







They made skeletons using q-tips...So cute right?! I know! Thank goodness for google!

I was beyond impressed with some of their creativity...
Jumping....


Oops...upside down but this one is running...


Splits...








If you going out to night for a little trick or treating...enjoy!! I'll be catching up on my shows blogging!

Happy pumpkin! As my grandma used to say!

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment