Tuesday, October 4, 2011

This week in math...

Yesterday we began discussion on numbers 1-5. Sounds simple, but we really dig deep so that we have a solid "number sense".  Really understanding each number inside and out lays a great foundation for a life of math.

I am from the 'calculator on my cell phone' generation...thank goodness because my math skills are seriously lacking! And yes, I am one of those that believes all we really needed to learn in math was the basics (how often have you had to pull out that ole pythagorean theorem after you had a test on it Sophmore year of high school? Yep, never...not me anyway!)

HOWEVER...I firmly believe all you really need to learn you learn in Kindergarten...and numbers just happens to be one of those things! We will continue adding skills involving our numbers throughout the year.  I love getting into adding, subtracting, and an intro into algeraic thinking later in the year!

I thought this week I'd let the picture do the talking...









And today, on picture day we had a set of TWINS!


HAVE A GREAT AFTERNOON!!


No comments:

Post a Comment