Tuesday, October 25, 2011

COMING UP IN K-6

After that last post I realized last week was super uneventful (to me anyway)...eek.  Yet another reason why I love this blog...keeps me accountable for making things super fun.  Anyway, seems like I really need to amp up our learning!

Here's some of the things we will be working on in the coming weeks...
  • numbers through 10
  • the concept of greater and fewer
  • writing personal narratives
  • reading (always!)
  • community helpers (visits from community helpers! yay!)
  • plants (Shouldn't this be in the spring?? I think so but FB apperently does not. So fall it is.) Super excited for Landin Lawn and Landscapes to come help us plant flowers and show us all their equipment - lawnmen are community helpers too right?!  (I'm going to go ahead and shamelessly plug by brother Jonathan's lawn business now: Need a lawn service or landscaping before the holidays coming up? Call him! He's great!)     
And here are some things I throw in the mix (because they're fun and I like to have fun just as much as a 5 year old does!)
  • Scarecrows
  • Thanksgiving (love this!)
  • Thankfulness
  • Pilgrims and Native Americans
  • Turkeys
I LOVE this time of the year for many reasons, the weather, the family and friends, the activities involved, and it dosen't hurt that it's just one month closer to winter break and Christmas.  Can I say Christmas on here?? (That just happens to be the holiday I celebrate but I realize that many different holidays are celebrated in the homes of my K-6 kiddos and I am very mindful to include all of them) Which reminds me....what holidays do you celebrate at home?

My mind is going crazy with all the possibilities! I promise you some "share worthy" posts ahead certian not to bore. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment